Recently I’ve become a bit of a sucker for dips and spreads. Particularly when they’re super easy and pretty cheap to make, as well as being highly nutritious. They make a great snack, accompaniment to a meal or as an addition to a summer BBQ spread (provided the English summer weather makes a return…). So in addition to my Beetroot & Butterbean Hummus, I’ve now got an obsession with this Pea & Mint one too.
- 150g frozen petit pois (or regular peas)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp tamari or light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 60g greek yoghurt
- 60g (1/4 large can) tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp onion granules
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- Place the petit pois (or peas) and garlic clove in a medium sized bowl. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before adding the remaining ingredients and blending until smooth.
- Transfer to a tupperware to store in the fridge or a bowl if serving straight away.
- You can use regular peas if you like, I just prefer petit pois as they’re slighter sweeter with a more delicate flavour.