Simple, easy and extremely moreish – don’t say I didn’t warn you! I left this out on the table with a sign saying ‘for eating’ not really thinking all of it would go. Mistake. All of it was gone when I came home. At least my Dad prevented me from being a pig by being a pig himself I suppose…
This features Bulk Powders Complete Vegan Blend Chocolate Peanut protein powder to make it slightly higher in protein, however this can be omitted and the recipe will work just fine. The cacao buttons, dried berries and coconut oil are also available on their website!
- 50g cacao buttons
- 50g honey (or maple syrup or golden syrup for vegan)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp Complete Vegan Blend Chocolate Peanut
- 25g no added sugar biscuits, crushed
- 10g crisp puffed rice cereal
- 20g dried cranberries, goji berries or cherries
- Gently melt the cacao buttons in the microwave. Stir in the honey and coconut oil and microwave on low heat for 20 seconds. Mix until you get a smooth, glossy mixture.
- Stir in the protein powder (if using) followed by the crushed biscuits, rice krispies and dried berries of choice.
- Transfer to a small silicone mould, press down and smooth the top before leaving to set in the fridge.
Find the macros and ingredients on the ‘The Core’ Bulk Powders blog.