These use my favourite blend-and-bake method, meaning it’s just a case of chucking the ingredients into a bowl (not literally, please, no responsibility is taken for kitchen destruction), blending together with an immersion blender and leaving to bake in the oven! If you’ve got silicone loaf moulds that makes life even easier as it saves faffing with greasing and lining the tins.
I’m keeping this blog post short and sweet, if you have a go let me know! Or if Lemon and Blueberry don’t take your fancy, how about the White Chocolate and Raspberry version?
- 25g vanilla vegan protein
- 25g vanilla casein protein
- 30g oat flour
- 15g coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- 60g 2% greek yoghurt
- 60g courgette, peeled and diced
- 60ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla flavouring drops
- zest of 1 lemon (reserved some for the topping below)
- 50g fresh blueberries
- 75g light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp icing sugar or sugar free icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- lemon zest (see above)
- splash of milk, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 175C and prepare 3 small loaf tins.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients, apart from the blueberries, and blend until smooth. Fold through the blueberries and leave the batter to sit for 10 minutes.
- Divide the batter between the 3 tins and bake for 45 minutes.
- Beat together the cream cheese ingredients until smooth and once the cakes are completely cool, spoon over the top.