Reese’s = chocolate + peanut butter. Snickers = chocolate + peanut butter + caramel. Both equate to a combination that cannot ever go wrong. Unless you make some monumental cock up and for somehow managing to achieve that, congratulations. So when I say ‘snickers’ in inverted commas, I mean I’ve taken the chocolate, peanut butter and caramel flavours and lovingly shoved them together into a crispy little bar of surprisingly addictive, simple deliciousness.
- 30g semi-sweet chocolate
- 30g crunchy peanut butter
- 30g honey or golden syrup
- 45g Rice Krispies
- 30g dark chocolate
- 10g smooth peanut butter
- Have a silicone loaf mould ready, or if you don’t have a silicone one, line a metal one with lightly greased foil. Break up the chocolate and place in a microwavable bowl. Gently melt on low-medium heat in intervals. Stir in the peanut butter and syrup of choice and microwave on low-medium heat for 10-15 seconds.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies until fully coated. Firmly press down into the loaf mould. Use force, you want to crush the Rice Krispies a bit and make sure it’s compacted so it sticks together properly.
- Set aside whilst you make the topping. Gently melt the dark chocolate, stir in the peanut butter and drizzle over the top of the Krispie bar. Put in the fridge for about half an hour or until set. Slice and serve.
- You can use smooth peanut butter in the filling, I just opted for a slightly crunchy one because I like the extra bit of texture the little chunks give, but you can just add in some chopped peanuts instead.
- Both all natural 100% peanuts peanut butter and Sunpat style peanut butters will work.
- I used half and half honey:golden syrup for flavour preference. Golden syrup will make it vegan, honey will make it refined sugar free.
- Please DO NOT use puffed rice cereal, it needs to be a crisped cereal, otherwise it will end up soggy and a big disappointment.
- If you cannot eat peanut butter, any other seed or nut butter will work too – but obviously the flavour will be different.