There are occasions in life, when unfortunately, peanut butter portion control needs to be implemented. When you realise that the number of empty tubs in your recycling bin is slowly increasing, seemingly day by day…and that your previously impressive stash is now looking more like the average persons pantry, I felt it was about time I at least attempted to try and consume a more *ahem* moderate amount. Alas, you probably won’t be surprised to learn that it didn’t work, and I actually just ended up eating this as well as the what-has-now-become-normal amount. But that’s details. Details details…
You can use whatever nut butter you like. You can use a protein nut butter. Almond butter. Peanut Butter. How about using this homemade Easy Chocolate Nut Butter?
- 40g ready to eat dates
- 30g oats
- 40g chocolate casein
- 20g chocolate whey protein
- 10g cacao powder
- 5g coconut flour
- 60ml warm water
- 70-80g nut butter
- 70g bar dark chocolate
- Add the dates and oats to a mini food processor and blitz until super fine. Add half of the water, blitz. Add the cacao, casein and whey, blitz again and gradually add in the remaining water followed by the coconut flour until you get a slightly sticky but handle-able sort of chocolate dough. You may not need all of it.
- Divide into 8 equal balls. Put the ball in a silicone cake case. Using your thumbs or a blunt object, press down in the middle of the ball and push the edges up against the sides of the cupcake case so you are left with a cup shape.
- Add 8-10g nut butter into each brownie cup cavity.
- Gently melt the chocolate over a bain marie, or in the microwave in short intervals at 50% power.
- Add a spoon of melted chocolate on top of the nut butter filled brownie cups so that it covers both the nut butter and goes over the edges of cup. Leave to set. Enjoy!