INTRODUCING: Protein Biscuits, with a million and one variations. And only four ingredients.
That’s right. These are the ultimate customisable protein biscuits. Both flavour wise AND ingredient wise. What’s even better, is that they are stupidly simple to make (honest), they taste delicious, and can be tailored to your dietary requirements, ingredients in your cupboard or macronutrient needs. I’ve given suggestions and have also linked recipes of my favourite variations I’ve done for those of you who’ve had a long day at work and the brain isn’t functioning so well! GET CREATIVE!
- 20g whey/beef protein
- 30g flour/ground nuts
- 10ml coconut oil (or regular butter), melted
- 10ml liquid sweetener (e.g. agave, honey, Sweet Freedom)
- pinch salt and baking powder
- Whey/beef: select your favourite flavour. Note that casein nor vegan protein powders will work here.
- Flour/ground nuts: oat, spelt, buckwheat, rice, almond, peanut etc
- Add ins: flavour extracts, chilli flakes, ‘superfood’ powders eg. lucuma, maca etc.
- Liquid sweetener: agave nectar, honey, Sweet Freedom, malt extract, date syrup (Note: IMO syrup doesn’t work the best, it produces very, very crumbly results)
- Coconut oil/butter: choose which you would prefer!
- Salted Caramel Protein Sandwich Biscuits
- Chocolate Protein Biscuits (DF)
- Protein Hobnobs
- All Butter Chilli & Cheese Protein Biscuits
- Protein S’mores Cups
- Salted Banoffee Protein Sandwich Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Add in the coconut oil and the liquid sweetener with a pinch of baking powder, salt and any extra add ins.
- Mix and rub in until it forms a crumbly mixture. Spoon the mixture into a silicone mould of choice – 5g for a small (20-25 calorie) biscuit, 10-15g for a larger biscuit. Press the mixture down with your fingers or the back of a spoon. Bake for about 8 minutes.