My all time favourite protein fudge I’ve ever made was this Pistachio Protein Fudge. Ridiculously good, and ridiculously moreish. But, the cost of pistachios isn’t exactly something that makes it an everyday type of food, much to my dismay and my poorly looking bank account.
However, I whipped this up on a spur of the moment and although not as good as my pistachio creation, still exceptionally moreish and delicious. I wanted a little texture, so I added in some whey protein crispies for an extra crunch factor, and a chocolate topping because well…chocolate + peanut butter. Need there be any more explanation? You can of course omit these two but at your own tastebuds peril.
I used coconut jam for this as it is basically like using an oil and a sweetener, but together as one! But you can sub half and half coconut oil to honey if you like and I’m sure it will work just as well.
- 80g peanut butter
- 6g coconut flour
- 10g coconut jam (I used this and it’s heavenly!)
- 20g vanilla/caramel whey protein isolate
- 20g cocoa plus protein chocolate OR 2 large squares dark chocolate, melted (I used half and half)
- handful protein crispies (from here, or I also like using Rice Krispies, just more of them!), opt
- additional sweetener, if required
- To a small food processor, add the peanut butter and process until it goes a little runnier.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut jam and gently melt in the microwave – the fats will split out as they melt. Add to the processor and blend. Add the coconut flour and whey protein and process again into a sort of dough.
- Transfer to a bowl and work in the whey protein crispies, if using. Press into your mould of choice and top with the melted chocolate before popping in the fridge/freezer to set.
Macros (1/8th): 93 calories; 3.4g carbs; 5.8g protein, 7g fats; 1g fibre