Snickerdoodle. I’m like a needy kid for snickerdoodle anything and everything. I mean it’s hardly surprising. It’s basically cinnamon and sugar. What’s not to love?! Nothing. That’s what.
These bites are fudgy, rich, sweet and devilishly good. Yet, they’re gluten, grain, sugar and dairy free, paleo approved, protein packed, yet feature no protein powder and you can whip them up in a jiffy. Making them not only devilishly good to eat, but devilishly good for you, too.
So yes, I may or may not have developed a snickerdoodle obsession, even going as far as making my own Snickerdoodle Protein Nut Butter. Now that, that one might have been a mistake. I mean it’s incredible don’t get me wrong. It’s a snickerdoodle flavour nut butter, again, what’s not to love?! But I have zero self control with it. Being protein fortified, it also comes with the automatic mentality of ‘it’s got protein in it, it’s fiiiiiine.’ *facepalm* Yes Hebe, but it still doesn’t mean you can eat the whole tub in one sitting. But at the time, scoffing the lot in one go seems like an absolutely fantastic idea. Anyway. Back to the Snickerdoodle Bites.
- 20g reduced fat almond flour (I used Sukrin, available at Tesco & Sainsbury’s or online)
- 10g reduced fat peanut flour (I used Sukrin, available at Tesco & Sainsbury’s or online)
- 4g coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 10g brown sugar alternative (Sukrin Gold or use coconut sugar or molasses)
- 10g almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 30ml almond milk
- 6 toffee flavdrops (or caramel extract)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add in the milk and flavdrops and stir together into a ‘dough’. Work in the nut butter and bring together into a soft dough. Divide into 6 balls.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar if you wish.
Macros (per 1 of 6): 33 calories; 1.6g carbs (0.2g sugars); 3.1g protein; 1.7g fat; 0.7g fibre
(1 of 6 without almond butter): 23 calories; 1.5g carbs; 2.6g protein; 0.8g fat; 0.5g fibre
Notes: if you don’t have coconut flour, you can omit this – they will just be slightly denser and fudgier! If you want to omit the nut butter, you can, this just aids the snickerdoodle flavour. I recommend investing in some toffee flavdrops – you can buy them from here, they’re extremely useful as a sugar free sweetener, and also for adding flavour with zero effort.