As Valentine’s Day approaches once again, for another year, I among others I would assume (or maybe it’s just me), have taken this as a green light to make chocolate related everything. Because when you’re single, and have Ryan Gosling and chocolate to turn to as your only companions, who needs an excuse. I blogged a similar post last year for V-day too for Raspberry Creme Protein Chocolates. So I’m now making it 21 years of being happily single every.single.valentines. Well….on the bright side at least I can slob around in my hoodie and not have to give a damn about fancy underwear or shaving my legs. Sorry guys. TMI.
Enough about shaving legs. These are similar to the Raspberry Creme Chocolate Recipe. But slightly different. I added in some Sukrin icing sugar which gave a better, smoother consistency, but not so much that you get that sweetener after taste/texture. Just a word of warning though – these are addictive. I take absolutely no responsibility if you quadruple the batch and gobble them in one sitting. Definitely not what I’m planning on doing come February 14th….
- 30g coconut oil
- 40g cocoa powder (not cacao)
- 20g whey isolate (I used caramel flavour, use whatever you fancy)
- 2tsp icing sugar substitute (I used Sukrin)
- In a bowl, melt the coconut oil. Stir in the cocoa powder and whey and mix well. Sift over the icing sugar.
- Divide between your mould of choice – I obviously went for a heart shaped one but use whatever you have. I used about 8g for each chocolate.
- Leave to set – stick in the freezer if you’re in desperate need of chocolate ASAP.
- The mandatory step – eat and enjoy.
Macros (1 out of 12): 43 calories; 0.7g carbs; 2.3g protein; 3.2g fat; 0.9g fibre