I had no intention of posting this whatsoever, but after a number of people commented on the Instagram picture I posted asking for it, I thought I may as well pop it up!
So here you are, one recipe for one small loaf of very green bread. Another green bread – see here for my Spinach Protein Bread I made at Christmas!
You can of course substitute the spelt flour for a gluten free flour, if so desired, and to make this dairy free, I would imagine that omitting the whey protein wouldn’t make a huge difference – maybe add an extra tsp or two of flour.
This is one in particular I would love to see somebody recreate, purely because it’s just a bit on the weird side, and I like weird stuff. Especially when it comes to food. I can spend hours in those funky foodie shops..I am your classic nightmare when it comes places like Wholefoods and Revital. Having said that, I don’t think I’m alone – who’s with me?!
- 120g (3-4 large florets) broccoli, steamed
- 40g (2 handfuls) spinach (or more broccoli)
- 145g (1/2C + 1 .5tbsp) egg white
- 15ml (1 tbsp) almond milk or water
- 30g (3 tbsp) pea protein
- 10g (3 1/2 tsp) unflavoured whey protein
- 20g (2 tbsp) coconut flour
- 12g (4 tsp) wholemeal spelt flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 garlic clove
- rock salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Microwave the spinach for 45 seconds. Add the steamed broccoli and all the other ingredients. Blend together until smooth.
- Oil and line a mini loaf tin. Scrape the batter into the tin and bake for 45 minutes.
Macros (per loaf): 396 calories; 30g carbs; 58g protein; 6.6g fat; 12.8g fibre (and 197% daily vitamin C!)